Check this site regularly for upcoming events!
We seek an operations leader with real estate development and financial reporting experience who is a proven developer of policies and processes, a servant leader with a successful track record of optimizing operations and systems, a skilled planner and project manager with finely tuned organizational skills, and both quality-obsessed and cost-conscious.
The purpose of the Director of Operations (DO) position is to optimize operational quality and productivity as Urban Hope continues to grow. The DO will lead the operations of Urban Hope, including finance, property management, human resources, information management, and general administration. This role reports to the Executive Director and will manage other administrative staff in the future, but does not currently have any direct reports. Following are various responsibilities:
o Lead financial strategy by working with Board Treasurer and ED.
o Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial data, and presenting reports as needed for financial strategy and decision-making.
o Lead budgeting process.
o Develop and implement appropriate financial controls, policies, and procedures.
o Supervise bookkeeping. Code financial transactions.
o Oversee banking relationship.
o Make deposits, sign checks, make transfers, reconcile accounts, pay bills, approve purchases, sign reimbursements, create and send invoices.
o Lead the annual audit process.
o Work with accountant on all tax filings and prepare documentation for 990 filing.
o Manage cash flow.
Property Portfolio Management
o Help with capital plan to achieve UH’s property development goals.
o Search for and acquire properties in keeping with UH’s strategic objectives and within capital constraints.
o Oversee renovation of new UH properties.
o Secure insurance and manage overall risks associated with the UH property portfolio.
o Optimize property taxes on the UH portfolio.
o Track and report performance of the UH property portfolio.
o Execute leases and lease renewals.
o Manage property turns.
o Oversee property maintenance, including lawn service.
o Manage relationship with UH’s property management partner and Director of Housing, ensuring timely reports/information, high levels of responsiveness to tenant needs, quality repairs, and timely collection of rents.
o Lead recruiting and on-boarding efforts for additions to UH staff, including interns and volunteers.
o Support ED onperformance evaluations and professional development plans.
o Seek out and engage outside contractors as needed, such as property management firms, financial consultants, and others.
o Coordinate payroll needs with Third Church.
o Promote culture of collaboration and effective teamwork within the organization and with outside partners and vendors.
o Document policies, procedures, and metrics for the organization, and ensure they are implemented.
o Manage and evaluate supplier contracts and procurement of new services and technologies to support the organization.
o Develop, evaluate, and enhance business systems and processes.
o Manage rental agreement, equipment needs, and maintenance requirements of the UH office.
o Ensure compliance with legal and other applicable regulations or investor requirements.
o Develop systems and templates to efficiently provide timely and valuable information and reports for management, for investors, for outside partners, and for the Board, including:
▪ Provide IT support, training, and troubleshooting for UH staff, through seeking internal or external solutions.
● The DO will help project manage the implementation of the strategic plan along with other UH staff under the leadership of the Executive Director.
● The DO will hire and supervise the Administrative Assistant (anticipated hire in mid-2021).
● At least three years of relevant experience.
● Demonstrated success driving work process improvements, especially in small non-profit settings with small operational budgets.
● Experience defining organizational metrics and developing a system to track performance against those metrics.
● Proven ability to work collaboratively with a variety of people and roles.
● Strong project management and organizational skills.
● Financial acumen—accounting background helpful.
● Strong written and oral communications, including listening skills.
● Comfort level and knowledge of technology options in a small organization.
● Independent self starter with the drive to improve the status quo.
● Great communicator.
● A passion for challenges, sense of urgency, and “never give up” tenacity.
● Unquestioned integrity and ethics. Sound judgment.
● Ability to think creatively and synthesize information accurately.
● College degree in business or related field with MBA preferred but not required.
Competitive pay based on salary and experience. Join a fun and dynamic team of professionals at Urban Hope! We are committed to the holistic health of the East End of Richmond and love our work, even on the hard days. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package including health insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off. Professional development reimbursement, work life balance, and flex schedule opportunity. Wake up every day, knowing your work is going to make a difference in the world…come join us!
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
Copyright © 2018 Urban Hope, Inc - All Rights Reserved.